TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS TO KENYA FOLLOWING THE CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC.
The High Commission of the Republic of Kenya in Dar es Salaam Tanzania wishes to inform the general public of the following precautionary measures instituted by the Government of Kenya following the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in Kenya.
1. Entry into Kenya for persons from any of the countries that have reported coronavirus cases is suspended for 30 days, effective 15th March, 2020.
2. Only Kenyan Citizens and foreigners with valid resident permits will be allowed entry into Kenya during this time, on condition that they proceed on mandatory self-quarantine or check into a government designated quarantine facility.
3. Mandatory self-quarantine is required of any persons who entered Kenya in the last 14 days. Further, anyone exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (dry cough, fever or difficulty in breathing) is required to visit the nearest health center for testing
4. In the light of the foregoing, the High Commission has suspended the processing and issuance of all visas and travel documents for foreign nationals from 17th March, 2020 to 15thApril, 2020.
5. Any inconvenience is regretted.
KENYA HIGH COMMISSION DAR ES SALAAM
17th March, 2020