East Africa Tourism Visa :-
The Governments of the Republic of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda have signed a Memorandum of Understanding on a Single Tourism Visa with effect from 1st January, 2014.
Below are application procedures and requirements of the Visa.
A foreigner who wants to visit simultaneously the Republic Kenya Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda for tourism.
An East Africa Tourist Visa is multiple entries visa and shall be valid for 90 days. Applications for this visa shall be lodged at any of the diplomatic representation of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda Republic of Uganda, at the Immigration Offices of the respective countries or online where applicable.
Dependents: All persons must apply in their own right.
Travel document: Any genuine acceptable travel document valid not less than 6 months.
Applicable Visa Fees- USD 100.00
Multiple entry validity of Visa: 90 days
The holder of the East Africa Tourist Visa shall enter from the country that issued the visa and move within the two other countries without applying for another visa or paying for another visa fee.
The holder shall also be allowed to move out of the Republic of Kenya, Republic of Rwanda and Republic of Uganda; and return without having to pay for another visa. This will only be applicable in the period of 90 days.
Working is not permitted
Please note that East Africa Tourism Visa shall not be extended.
- One clear colored passport size photo with white background recently taken without glasses, caps and surf; (the photo should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable).
- A complete filled application form 22.
- Visa application letter addressed to the issuing authority of the concerned country.
- E-tickets/ flight confirmation schedule prepared by travel agents or airline companies, indicating; date, place of departure, arrival, and flight number (whole schedule of going and returning)
- Applicants from countries that are on referral shall apply for EATV from mission whose Government has referral requirements.
Visa applications presented at the counter before 12.30 p.m. are ready for collection the following day from 2.00 p.m.
Processing of referred visas takes at least six weeks to three months the same to multiple journey visa.